Monday, August 15, 2011

Many Apologies!

I have been silent! Not because I have lacked interest or desire to post, but time has been at a premium. Divorce is never easy and mine is no exception. We have had a few moves but now seem to be settled and things should even out swiftly!

Not been easy, but I think it will be worth it!

so hit me with your questions!

Just something to leave you with: I have had a chance to see the Musical "The Book of Mormon."

I laughed until I cried!

Oh Matt and Trey . . . one or both of you are recovering Mormons, I can tell!

The play is brilliantly done, South-Park-filthy, hysterically funny. Partly because all those little tidbits you are sure must be jokes . . . AREN'T! They are true!

Very excellent.

I also read Krakauer's "Under the Banners of Heaven." I am going to need to write about that one. While the book focuses on the fundamentalist sects, it does a good job looking at the roots that the Mainstream LDS church shares with the fundamentalist sects.

Unlike many former mormons, I never could bear LDS history, as taught in the church. Too neat. Too pat. Too cleansed. It was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster to read the history of the culture I was raised in. I highly recommend the book.

Thanks for your patience!

Molly

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're back at it!

    Please feel free to disregard this question if it comes at a bad time for you personally, but what level of stigma, if any, does divorce have among Mormons? For example, if you were still Mormon, and moved into a new area where you didn't know anyone as a divorced single mother, how would you be viewed in comparison to a still-married mother, a widow with a child, a never-married single mother with a biological child, or the single mother of an adopted child? How about fathers in similar circumstances?

    It seems like there has been a lot of "one man, one woman" talk lately which has come up because of same-sex marriage. Has it had an adverse effect on straight Mormons who don't have their families "properly" set up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind a bit, and that is an excellent question, worthy of it's own post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete